Sea to Shining Sea : Ella's 1000 mile Bike Adventure Across Alaska

Spurred on by the challenge of the 1000 mile bike across Alaska by Lael Adventure, I caught the burning desire to do this myself.  I have never biked more than 25 miles, but I have enjoyed riding with James on our tandem.  Life was full of challenges last year, as most of you know.  So, I am taking this opportunity to reconnect with James (I will be doing the Homer Portion on the tandem-life is better together).  I also need to bond with my new church family and I am excited to have two or more people join me on the Valdez portion.

During the long route, I know that my appreciation and trust in God will grow.  I am looking to unplug and connect with Him through prayer. He is my guide and my shelter.  I LOVE PEOPLE.  I can't wait to see and encourage others all around the state. 

The Plan: 
Homer to Anchorage   237 miles  Tandem with James
Anchorage to Palmer   56 miles
Palmer to Glacier View   65 miles
Glacier View to Valdez    210 miles  Clear Water Church friends joining me
Paxton to Cantwell   133 miles  James but separate bikes
Prudhoe to Arctic Circle  301 miles James but separate bikes
TOTAL MILES = 1,002

Also, I want to promote Priceless Alaska because it saddens my heart that human trafficking is the fastest growing criminal activity in Alaska.  Please consider donating to make a difference. 

If you would like to partner by helping me (I need 10,000 Alaska Airlines miles to do the Prudhoe portion) please email me.   Pray that we can find a bike to use for this adventure.  There is a bike swap April 14 here in Alaska.  We would love people to join us biking.  If you want to come on all or portions of the route, please let me know. 
We also will be camping along the route, if you would like to be a gem and enjoy our company after a day of biking, we would LOVE to partner up and have the community at the evening camp nights (we can't bike 24 hours).  Please email me. 

If you would like to follow this journey you can subscribe to this blog and I will post the adventure during my other job off time (yes, I am still a tour guide for Alaska Adventures Unlimited). 



Help me go from Sea to Shining Sea!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rippy Trail with Clear Sign

Anchorage is So Bike Friendly

Matanuska Peak, One Mountain many approaches...