Not dead...Yet. Answered prayer

My bookshelf and blogs have been filled with basic biking information.  "The Essential Touring Cyclist" even had a chapter of basic bike skills when on the road.  I have been diving into books.

Well, when my tires hit the payment, today was definitely an adventure.  An adventure of DEATH.  I first misjudged pulling out and crossing the street in front of ongoing traffic because I thought I had the acceleration of a car (not yet anyway).  

Then, as I was trying to stay off the sidewalks (meant for walking) and into the road, I veered a little too much to the right and was stuck in the middle of traffic with cars racing by me on either side.

Finding encouragement in a "Bike Lane" sign posted ahead, I lost my proper tire placement and rammed into a bike curb nearly jolting me off the bike.  However, I am finding my little green machine being able to handle jarring and it thankfully lopped unto the sidewalk.  

So, a dear friend of mine who read about my upcoming bike journey told me she was praying for me.  I didn't know how much I needed that. I will gladly take prayer and am thankful for the Protection God provided today.  

My next step is to go out with EXPERIENCED bikers who understand city traffic and can show me how to bike properly.  I didn't learn it in the books.  

If you want to follow this journey via email, click on the subscribe at the top.  I will not be posting on social media in the future.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rippy Trail with Clear Sign

Anchorage is So Bike Friendly

Matanuska Peak, One Mountain many approaches...