Anchorage to Palmer Solo

One of my most used words on Facebook is "Anyone?" That is not surprising because I love to include as many people into the great outdoors.  I know it is safer from the perspective on bears and also following the words of wisdom from God's Word,
 "Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.


However, it was a beautiful clear day with no wind, so I boarded the Green Dragon (Surly Long Haul Trucker) and headed out of town.  

As posted earlier, Anchorage is super bike friendly.  I live about 30 minutes to the border of the town.  But, after I arrived near Boniface, I enjoyed a bike path for many miles including the epic old road and bridge over the majestic Eagle River.  

Other than one moose enjoying a little pond, it was free from those 4 legged animals. 

Surprisingly, following Google Maps, at Peter's Creek, there was a new bike path on the Old Glenn Hwy.  One of my favorite photos was crossing the overpass over the highway by Mirror Lake.  

After that photo, it was highway biking for me.  The shoulder is super wide with rumble strips.  About 15 minutes into the highway section (by the way, I called the State Troopers to verify that I could use the road), I got super excited--"I am doing this! Thank you Jesus!"  So, of course, I started singing and waving my hands in jubilation.  


Unaware to me, a State Trooper saw my arm waving and actually pulled over to see if I needed assistance.  (how embarrassing) 
Knik Glacier and Pioneer Peak in the background

I enjoyed a wind free ride to the Trunk Road roundabout and enjoyed a bike path to the Palmer/Wasilla Highway and then to my destination of Palmer.  I loved this ride.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rippy Trail with Clear Sign

Anchorage is So Bike Friendly

Matanuska Peak, One Mountain many approaches...