Read or not; plus a lesson in Chill.

Training is over, not because I feel ready, but tomorrow is the start of the 1000 mile journey.  I spent the morning sharing a bit of the journey on a podcast called the Pedal Shift Project

If you want to listen to the pre-ride story, click below.
Mp3 of the podcast on Pedal Shift Project

Caveat:  1) I didn't know exactly what I was going to bring because I hadn't packed yet.  :(

I was pretty angry the night before because James went mountain biking and didn't get back until late.  I could tell the anxiety was rising.  So, after when he came home, I retreated to bed (it was 10:45) and started reading my current book called "Rest of God".

The chapter was ironically called "Stopping to find What's Missing".  I tend to be the lady running my errands instead of walking.  Never taking time to enjoy the moment.  Looking forward to my next adventure.  I stopped and calmed my mind and asked for peace.  My business turned into anger and that was wrong.

In the chapter, it explained that the Chinese join two characters to form a single pictograph for busyness: heart and killing.  The heart is the place the busy life exacts its steepest toll. 

I needed to chill.  James informed me he'll take care of the packing (my clothes were already packed).  So, I did.  Thank you Lord for the pauses in life.  Help me to savor the moment instead of being anxious about the future.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rippy Trail with Clear Sign

Anchorage is So Bike Friendly

Matanuska Peak, One Mountain many approaches...