Love for the Feet while hiking

Julie's Hiking Tip Of The Week - I consider Moleskin and tiny sewing scissors a hiking/backpacking essential and always have some with me. I can't even count the number of times a person in the group I am hiking with or even a complete stranger on the trail has been in need of this great product. Moleskin is far superior to bandaids for preventing and protecting "hot spots" and blisters on your feet. The tiny sewing scissors are needed for cutting the Moleskin since it is quite tough (I keep the scissors IN the Moleskin package to prevent them cutting or poking my backpack). 

Before applying Moleskin remove your socks and allow your sweating feet to dry off so that the adhesive can stick properly.

And always remember, STOP and TREAT a hot spot as soon as you feel it forming! Your feet are your number one asset on the trail, take care of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rippy Trail with Clear Sign

Anchorage is So Bike Friendly

Matanuska Peak, One Mountain many approaches...